A balanced diet full of healthy fats, protein and complex carb is key to postpartum recovery. Incorporating a combination of these nutrient-dense foods into your meals can help support healing, energy levels, and overall well-being during this important period. Our meals offer almost all of the ingredients below, so be sure to check out our menu and packages to have healthy postpartum meals delivered straight to your door!
1. **Wild Salmon**: Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and vitamin D, salmon supports brain health, reduces inflammation, and aids in tissue repair.
2. **Pasture-Raised Eggs**: High in protein and essential nutrients like choline, eggs are beneficial for muscle recovery and overall energy.
3. **Pasture-Raised Meats and Organ Meats**: Pasture-raised lean meats like chicken, turkey, and cuts of beef, lamb, bison, and more provide essential amino acids for healing. Organ meats like liver are also nutrient-rich, offering vitamins A, B12, and iron crucial for postpartum recovery.
4. **Leafy Greens**: Spinach, kale, and other leafy greens offer vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that support immune function and tissue repair.
5. **Sprouted Quinoa & Grains**: Packed with protein, fiber, and essential amino acids, quinoa provides sustained energy and aids in healing.
6. **Greek Yogurt**: Rich in protein and probiotics, Greek yogurt supports gut health and aids in digestion and nutrient absorption.
7. **Berries**: Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries are full of antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber that promote healing and immune support.
8. **Nuts and Seeds**: Almonds, chia seeds, and flaxseeds provide healthy fats, fiber, and essential nutrients for energy and recovery. Source raw and sprouted when possible.
9. **Sweet Potatoes**: High in vitamins A and C, as well as fiber, sweet potatoes support immune function and provide sustained energy.
10. **Legumes**: Lentils, chickpeas, and beans are excellent sources of plant-based protein, fiber, and iron for energy and healing.
11. **Avocado**: Rich in healthy fats and vitamins, avocados support brain health and provide energy for recovery.
12. **Oats**: Full of complex carbohydrates and fiber, oats help stabilize blood sugar levels and provide sustained energy.
13. **Broccoli**: Packed with vitamins C and K, as well as fiber, broccoli aids in healing and supports immune function.
15. **Raw Dairy Products**: Milk, cheese, and yogurt provide calcium and protein for bone health and overall recovery.
16. **Dark Chocolate**: In moderation, dark chocolate can provide antioxidants and a mood boost for new mothers.
17. **Water**: Staying hydrated is essential for postpartum recovery and overall health. Choose
Always consult with your healthcare provider or a registered dietitian before making significant changes to your diet, especially during the postpartum period.