This is one of my favorite warm and nourishing dishes...this is a great healthy postpartum meal that you can enjoy whether or not you've just had a baby!
Warm Fruit Porridge
- 1 cup cooked apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup cooked oats or rice flakes
- 1 cup warm almond milk or coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamom
- Chopped nuts and raisins for topping (optional)
In a saucepan, combine the cooked apples, oats or rice flakes, and warm almond milk or coconut milk.
Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
Stir in the ghee, maple syrup or honey (if desired), cinnamon, and cardamom.
Continue cooking for a few minutes until the porridge reaches your desired consistency.
Serve warm, topped with chopped nuts and raisins.