A nutritious postpartum diet with various vegetables is essential to support your body's healing. By including these vegetables, you will undoubtedly feel the benefits each offer. This is by no means a complete list, but a great starting point for creating your postpartum menu.
Always choose organic, fresh and local when possible! Lastly, be sure to COOK your fruits and veggies and eat them warm or at room temperature to nurture your delicate digestive system after birth.
- YELLOW ONION has potent anti-inflammatory properties and can improve digestive health.
- GREEN ONION and GARLIC boost your body’s immune system.
- GINGER increases blood flow, reduces pain, and aids in digestion.
- LEAFY GREENS (spinach, kale, swiss chard, collard greens, mizuna, arugula, dandelion, nettles, and turnip greens) are great for soups and energy bowls as they are high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber
- ROOT VEGETABLES like sweet potatoes (high in fiber and antioxidants), yams (fiber-rich), winter squash, carrots (support gut health), and parsnips (anti-inflammatory) are suitable for roasting as they are low in calories, fat, and cholesterol.
- MUSHROOMS boosts immunity and increase vitamin D levels.
- Seasonal vegetables like turnips (anti-inflammatory), radishes (antioxidant), rutabaga (antioxidant), peas (antioxidant), green beans (anti-inflammation), and celery root (antioxidant) are great in bowls, stews, and soups.
- Kimchi and sauerkraut are immune-boosting probiotics that boost nutrition, add flavor, and aid digestion and elimination.
We carefully curated meals that include an assortment of vegetables listed above. Most notable are our Traditional Lentil Stew, Hearty Sausage Stew, Primal Chili, Ayurvedic Kitchari, and Creamy Sweet Potato Curry Soup.