The bad news is, we're retiring the lactation energy balls from the menu for the time being. As we grow and start focusing on being able to ship meals, we need to simplify parts of our operation. I'm as sad as you are and hope to bring them back soon. The good news is, I am very happy to share the recipe with you, so you can continue to enjoy these amazingly decadent treats!
- 15 deglet dates
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 tablespoons collagen peptides
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (we love Redmond's Real Salt!)
- Put dates into a food processor and blend for about 10-15 seconds until they are in smaller chunks
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth
- Roll into balls about the size of a tablespoon. I weighed ours out to be about 25-26g each, for those of you that want to get OCD with your scale.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. These freeze really well! Just let defrost on the counter or in the fridge a bit before eating.
- Always use organic ingredients when possible!
- This recipe was adapted from a recipe in Danielle Walker's, EAT WHAT YOU LOVE cookbook. I highly recommend this book...so many great recipes I turn to time and time again, including her banana bread!
- Many of these ingredients you find for a great price on Thrive Market. We source some of our Mama Meals ingredients from Thrive, and buy a lot of our pantry staples from them. So many great organic, gluten free, paleo, etc. options! Click HERE to get 40% off your first order